Peanut Butter Protein Muffins- Sarah Kuretzky Recipe
I usually start my day with a protein shake but honestly I sometimes want to sit down and enjoy a breakfast that feels decedent. I try to eat only clean ingredients and sometimes this can be difficult. I follow recipes from different sources and combined my own flair so I know I’ll enjoy it more. Here is a recipe for Vegan Peanut Butter Protein Muffins that is one of my favorites. This recipe makes about 12-14 muffins
4 large overripe bananas
¾ cup Organic Peanut Butter (I usually grind my own it makes it chunkier)
½ cup of almond milk
½ cup of applesauce (when I make my own, there are small chunks of apple)
1 tsp of pure vanilla (I choose a brand that doesn’t have alcohol in it)
1 cup of plant based protein (I use Vega products)
1 cup of quick rolled oats
1 and ¼ tsp of baking soda
½ of tsp of cinnamon
¾ cups of chocolate chips (Trader Joe’s are vegan) Optional
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (Muffin lined paper cups work the best)
2. In a large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients and then add the dry ingredients slowly. The batter is very thick.
3. Fill the mix into the muffin tins evenly, about 2/3 full. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
4. Let cool for about 45 minutes. I think they taste best when they have cooled completely.
5. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for 3 days. You can refrigerate them for 5-6 days. I have never frozen them but I think they would freeze well.